Friday, February 22, 2008

speaking of valentines day...

here's one i wrote on the first day of new poems week with sharon olds awhile back–
read it the other nite for anitvalentines salon, if any of you find your way to ny, pls let me know, the salon was huge success, already planned for march and starting april, was all sorts of fun
which i needed bc i just finished applying for low residency MFA programs, and was up till four am everynite, i planned it a little late!! hope everyone is well
xoxo
e

I’m Hooked

They married last night
Jenny and Richard
I hate them in their happiness–

Their journey begins
Dreams and fairytales

I’m hooked on the ventilator of life

Hatred and fear
I want to poison their love
Make them feel like me

7 comments:

Mathilde said...

I realized I'd forgotten to contact you as I was in NYC JUST a week ago.

(I suck.)

But I will give you a shout next time I'm there.

erika said...

no worries, i am here all the time
let me know the next time!

Molly said...

Hey, which low-res programs? I applied to a handful, and have heard back from one (Goddard, a yes).

sarah said...

Love the 1st three lines and their attitude.

Who's Mathilde? I should know, but I don't.

Molly, you sure about low-res? Just wondering.

Molly said...

Just heard back from two more today, both acceptances: New England College, and Vermont College. :)

Molly said...

PS: And Emerson, a non-low res. Waiting for others that are regular residency.

erika said...

new england, warren wilson and bennington, i just sent them in, congrats on getting in! will let you know when i hear...
e