Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Boogeyman In My Closet

Hi all...
another dream poem
busy here
things are good
if you want to see my work online go to http://www.sundress.net/wickedalice/contents19.html
and also there's http://www.sundress.net/wickedalice/contents14.html
i also have a lot of creative non fiction which is elsewhere but will put that up later
hope everyone is doing well
if anyone is on myspace pls let me know, i have blog there i keep daily

erika

The Boogeyman Living In My Closet

Enters me through my pinky toe
each night at midnight

Sleeping with one eye open
is not as easy as it sounds
one foot supplanted to the ground

How does he get inside my head?
I want to banish him to a land of
my choosing, where little girls with
Barbies and tea parties would put him
in his place, shackle his pathetic little
body to a monstrous tree, perhaps allow
a lion to use him for a lollipop or a latrine

The buzzing in my brain will not end
I feel like I am going insane
this brain, on fire
man for hire, take your ass back into the night
you’re not wanted here–

When I put my head onto my pillow
I am afraid of sleep
cannot close my eyes
afraid of what’s underneath the bed
of what is inside my head
I don’t know if he is me, or I am thee
what is real, or fantasy
slumber, lullaby
hush little girl, don’t say a word…

No comments: