Friday, February 29, 2008

poetry and poems

i heard back from new england
i got in!
havent heard back from the other two, my fingers
are crossed...
heres a poem thats still a draft...
xoxo
e

Fairytale Wedding

I am in a violet wedding dress with bullet holes
something seems out of place
Everyone else are wearing caps and gowns

There’s an audience applauding no one
Mother and Father are dressed in Sunday’s
finest; there’s a stain of something
resembling split pea soup
on Father’s tie

I try saying I think we are supposed
to be at the church at seven
but raspberry bubbles come out of my eyes
my mouth is sewn shut with licorice sticks
the color of my grandmothers cheeks
when she was seventeen, a raven haired vixen
from the old country, getting fat on ice cream and love

She will teach you her secrets–
how to make a man fall for you
Lust, she will tell you is the trick
Make him desire you, and cook your way into his soul

The groom is headless
and he’s not wearing any socks
The maid of honor is fucking your brother
It’s almost June
grandmother says, You look a little rosy
a little plumper and juicy, I could almost eat you up
I want to stick that beautiful bouquet of calla lilies up her ass

Run away before my life is over
this is not a fairytale
He is not the one

1 comment:

Molly said...

Are you thinking about New England? So much to think about!! Congrats!