Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Paddling and writing

Friends:

Yes, I'm still paddling through the Center of the Malenaite Constellation -- back at work but writing poetry every early morning. I will post, quite soon, a new poem and read what you have offered. I tried to write a combination of an incantation and a variation on repeated words, where I worked from different forms of the same root ("relic"). Ah, to be mysterious. . . Hope you are all doing well, and I think there's no doubt we need to have an Alternate Universe Party sometime at Ericka's house (yes, I know you don't want too many people. . .) Take care, all.

Jim

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Hi Jim!

How is your "relic" coming?

I've been reading about incantations - I was curious about the actual definition of the word. The definitions don't encompass (at least in wikipedia) tend toward the magical. I was thinking about the sound value of words, their power and resonance - in totemic ways, as well as sound values. The Word as resonance. As creative force. As prayer - though I suppose religion does to prayer what magic does to incantation.

How are you thinking of incantation?

I don't know how to post. Only to comment. Perhaps this is good - I was a puppeteer once and liked being half hidden.

Hope your work goes well.

Eliza

nura said...

Hi Jim

I hope you are well and writing. I'm tryin!